Imperial Synthetic Mongoose Oil & Acrylic Brush Bright 0 6600
Once a popular choice for oil painters for it's medium to firm touch, natural mongoose has become more tightly controlled by international governments. Fortunately, our synthetic mongoose is comparable to the original's quality, yet more durable and affordable. Synthetic mongoose performs beautifully in all viscosities of oil paint.
- Angular Brights/Shaders: Used for tight shading and curved strokes.
- Brights: Length and width of brush is generally squared. Similar to flats, but shorter hairs make a stiffer brush.
- Fans: Brush fibers are spread out making it useful for subtle blending and for textural effects.
- Filberts: Create a softer edge than a flat or bright.
- Flats: Longer hairs than a bright, this brush has more flex and a large color carrying capability.
- Rounds: Smaller sizes are typically used for detail work and larger sizes tend to be used for washes and filling in color.